Sunday, April 06, 2008

Out of Hibernation


This weekend was one of those weekends when the sun was out and the temperature was above 65 so everyone in the Midwest begins to come out of hibernation. It is always nice to get to see your neighbors again after a long winter. We kicked off the weekend with swim lessons Saturday morning, then we headed over to the Veterinary School's open house. This was our first year at the open house and I have to say I was a little disturbed by the fistulated cow (a cow with a hole in it's side so you can reach into it's stomach). I know they insist the cow doesn't mind, but I think it does. The kids had a good time checking out all the animals and really enjoyed milking a cow (not the fistulated one) and preforming surgery on a dog. After all that we were hungry and headed over to our favorite Mexican restaurant for some lunch. It was a busy morning so when we got home Nel decided to take a nap! I got to work on painting our kitchen stools. Once those our done our kitchen will be finished, okay I really want to get a new light fixture but I haven't convinced Rob. Today I put a final coat on the stools, and took the girls and a neighbor to the park to play. I hope this weekend means we are finally done with winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment