In the past year I have not . . .
1) Driven a car.
2) Worn a seatbelt while riding in a car.
3) Used a vacuum.
4) Used a dishwasher.
5) Used a dryer.
6) Cooked anything in an oven.
7) Said “it’s cold” except when I was in an overly air conditioned movie theater, bus, restaurant ect.
8) Eaten steak, or really any form of beef.
9) Gone a day without eating rice.
10) Walked anywhere without carefully watching where I step so I can avoid the many creepy crawlies and the occasional elephant poop.
11) Walked into a public restroom expecting to find any of the following: a western toilet, toilet paper, soap or paper towels or any means of drying your hands.
12) I have not flushed toilet paper down the toilet.
13) Gone a day without smiling and laughing.
It has been a great year and I will miss so many things about Thailand and I am looking forward to the day I get to come back again.