Sunday, June 20, 2010

Good Bye America


As I write this I am sitting in a hotel room close to O'Hare airport. Our house and suitcases are all packed and we are ready to go. Our flight will take off tomorrow at 11:40 am and if all goes well we should arrive in Thailand on Tuesday at 10:50 pm. The reality of everything still hasn't settled in for me, maybe when I am finally on the plane it will all hit me. The kids are very excited and I know they will have a hard time getting to sleep tonight. Maybe that will help them get on Thailand time, Thailand is 12 hours ahead of us. I am not looking forward to jet lag, especially since we hit the ground running. I have a week before work starts and we need to find a place to live still! I can't even imagine what our new house/apartment will look like but I do know it will be nothing like our house in the states.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    You definetely won't be in Illinois anymore!!!! Turn up the heat and have a Singha! Have a safe trip, we are all very excited for you! The Delval Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I used to follow your blog awhile ago but haven't had time since our daughter had been home. What a bold and exciting thing to move to Thailand with your family. Wish you a rich cultural experience and tons of sanuk! Will enjoy following your blog again. :-)

    Jen, Philadephia (mom to Ruby, 3 from Nakhon Si Thammarat)

    ReplyDelete