Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gifts from Japan and More


My parents recently returned from a trip to Japan, so of course they had to send the kids some gifts.  The kids were most excited about the Pokemon cards, but the girls also liked their new bath robes and wanted to model them.

In other news, Katie has written a letter to Barack Obama and is anxiously awaiting his reply.  This all came about from Katie being upset that she can't vote, and Rob telling her that even though she can't vote she can still make politicians hear her voice.  Once Katie heard this she immediately began her letter.  This is how it went.

Dear Mr. Barack Obama,

I care about America.  I am glad that you care about America too.  I am from Thailand.  I like Pokemon.
Katie Kirby

Maybe not the most interesting letter he will ever receive, but it was all Katie and she was very proud of writing it all on her own.  Although we did help her address the envelope properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment