Saturday, November 24, 2007

Loy Krathong


It was fun teaching Katie and Nel's class about Loy Krathong, but we still had to celebrate as a family. So on Friday we along with Grandma, Grandpa and two friends from Korea had a celebration. We build our Krathongs using the traditional banana leaves, although we didn't have a banana tree trunk for the base so we used rice cakes. Everyone had a good time making them and they all turned out beautiful. I prepared a Thai dinner of coconut soup, satay and fried rice, it was yummy. Then after dinner we took our Krathongs to the pond to light and release.

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog. My husband and I are in the process of trying to adopt a twelve year old girl from Thailand. What's your experience? Any advice?! I'd love to know how you may those things for loy krathong! If you'd like to visit our blog it's www.eternityminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete