Sunday, January 07, 2007

Chicago II



The kids and I rang in the New Year in Chicago. It was a very busy trip. We took the train up and meet my parents, sister, two of her boys and my parents neighbor. The kids got to experience all kinds of transportation trains, buses, taxis and of course walking. Their favorite way of getting around was bus. We finally were able to go see the King Tut exhibit. I have to say I was a little disappointed, but I think I had built up my expectations too much. In addition to the Field Museum, we also went to Adler Planetarium and the Museum of Science and Industry. At the Planetarium Chet was excited to check out the shoot for the moon exhibit, where he and I got to experience what it would be like to jump on the moon. The highlight for the girls was going to American Girl for lunch. They had a great time taking care of their babies, April and Christina during lunch and then picking our new clothes for them afterwards. Chet also had fun that day with the big kids at ESPN Zone where they watched the Rose Bowl ate and played games. We did many other things, there was never a dull moment. The kids always amaze me when we travel, they behave so well. But I have to say it was nice to get home and sleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment